RSVLTS is seeking an Accounting Manager to lead the team in critical analyses of financial activities as well as manage the timely and accurate financial reporting and close processes.
As our Accounting Manager, you'll be responsible for a diverse range of contributions. You'll do everything from managing our financial close process and reviewing monthly GL reconciliations to supporting the business in various requests. You'll be responsible for maintaining timely, accurate financial records and performing financial analysis.
Reporting to our Co-Founders, you will be responsible for accounting treatments and processes relating to the integrity of the monthly financial statements and be responsible for making sure that all things accounting are accurate across all lanes and business functions. Because we hire for judgement, we'll be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements and overall operational performance. We're looking for a critical thinker and problem solver who can help our team get to the next level. You will also liaise across the entire business with frequent collaboration on any accounting issues, controls or compliance process decisions necessary to have all teams working effectively and in compliance with all internal control initiatives.
- Manage the daily operations of reporting in the Accounting department as well as the financial statement close process, including reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist and coach various members of the team over all accounting areas
- Partner with Marketing and Operations to bring maximum value to the business while ensuring accurate financial reporting
- Provide proactive analysis to identify issues and understand fluctuations in balances and provide meaningful analysis
- Make sound recommendations to enhance efficiency of accounting and reporting functions, as well as supporting systems, and to ensure quality of data
- Work with key areas of the business to develop optimal procedures and best practices and support internal control documentation of these processes
- Be the liaison between RSVLTS and licensing partners; working with the various contacts to ensure requests are completed appropriately and all quarterly reporting deadlines are met
- Maintain reporting of GL balances by business channel and assist in the regular forecasting process
- Review and support all financial reporting
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in an Accounting or Finance related field
- Have 2-5 years of accounting experience
- Have a background in (or passion for) eCommerce and retail
- Have a CPA and Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus
- Showcase strong financial and technical accounting knowledge with experience researching technical guidance.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and are excited to provide support to other lanes through various ad hoc financial requests and special projects
- Have experience coaching a team and reviewing work
- Will own various monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Are proficient in Excel and Quickbooks system is a strong plus
- Have an open mind, a desire to learn and a positive attitude
You'll probably have fun working here if:
- You love working collaboratively
- You thrive in fast paced environments
- You are high energy and low ego
- You are comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
- You have a strong bias for action.
- You hustle and can’t imagine leaving for tomorrow what could be done today.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves to complete decision-driving analyses, but you can also get your hands dirty with the everyday tasks that keep the company running.
- You have a positive attitude and a desire to learn and have fun
Please email [email protected] with subject line: Accounting Manager - YOUR NAME. Include your resume and a cover letter.
Position: Full time with competitive benefits package
Location: RSVLTS HQ in Hoboken, NJ